Entering 6th-12th Grades?
Be a Summer Volunteer! (click here)
Students in 6th grade and up may volunteer at the library. Please fill out the Volunteer Application Form, located at the youth services desk, to register as a volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities are arranged in advance. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to let library staff know that they want to volunteer. However, the library will contact registered volunteers when help is needed for special events.
- A positive attitude is a must!
- Volunteering is a commitment.
- If you can not make your commitment, please call the library.
- Be on time and have a plan for getting home before you come.
- Volunteer time is time to HELP not play or socialize. Your job needs to be put first.
- Volunteers are expected to stay until the job is finished and cleaned up.
- Offer suggestions and ideas, but wait for approval from library staff before acting on them.
- Use your best manners.
- Ask for help from library staff if you have any questions.
- Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your volunteer experience more enjoyable.
Some volunteer opportunities may require special training, which will be offered as needed.