The Matteson Public Library can help you with:
- Tours of the library with research lessons or story times.
- Visits to your classroom to support your curriculum needs.
- Classroom collections to supplement special projects.
- Special assignment collections available at the library for check out or reserve use.
- Art displays or other types student-made project exhibits.
Movies and Read
Great Books Online
(Requires Matteson Public Library Card)
Teachers are welcome to use their personal library cards from any Metropolitan Library System library to check out materials at any time. In addition, each building principal can designate, on letterhead, the names of up to five classroom teachers who would like to have teacher borrowing privileges during a school year. A special school library card will be held at the school for use by the designated teachers; personal ID will be requested when using the school card.
Assignment Alerts help to make our collaboration with schools more successful.
- Ask a Librarian page to notify the Youth Services of your needs
- FAX a copy of your assignment sheets to the library. (708-748-0510)
- Call us anytime. (708-748-4431 x13)
- We welcome personal visits!
Parenting Shelf: Located in the Youth Services Department, the Parenting Shelf has a collection of books, DVDs, and videos for adults about age and grade level expectations, homeschooling curricula and supplementary materials, recommended book lists, and many other topics.
- 700+ Great Sites The American Library Association’s page that has links to over 700 sites for children, parents, and caregivers.
- Thinkfinity A collection of prieviewed sites with curriculum connections on a broad variety of topics.
- Discovery Channel School An extensive guide to educator’s sites.
- Education World A database of 115,000+ sites which has links to curriculum ideas, lesson plans, employment listings, site reviews, and more.
- Web Sites and Resources for Teachers Collection of sites and curriculum resources for teachers to use in the classroom.
- Science Education From the U. C. Berkeley Space Sciences Laboratory.
- Teachers Net Teacher chatrooms, catalogs, lesson plans, etc.
- Busy Teachers’ Web Site An index of useful sources of information and classroom activities for K-12 teachers.
- Scholastic Includes information about book clubs and teachers’ activities.
- Starfall.com A systematic phonics-based series of reading activities and games targeting first graders but could be used with Pre-K through 2nd grade.
- Homeschooling Directory State of Illinois
- Grassroots Homeschoolers Matteson, IL